Friday, January 15, 2010

Blippy Launch


Today, Blippy opened its doors to the public. Over the last couple of weeks they have been releasing beta codes, and I was lucky to get one. I have been playing with the start-up, and it is really cool. So what happens when you get some of the biggest Silicon Valley investors and some really good founders involved?

The whole idea behind Blippy is the fact you are sharing your credit purchases with your friends. Blippy also has other services like iTunes, Netflix, and Amazon (Full List Below). The new service raises a ton of controversy!
There is new problem with a the actual product, it is the idea. Online privacy has begun to diminish with services like Gowalla, Foursquare, and now Blippy. The fact that your whole financial life is broadcasted to anyone.
The company will soon release an iPhone application and an API. The API will really be cool, when people start integrating a widget on their website.
I personally only broadcast my iTunes and Netflix information. I really like how the service broadcast something I would probably take the time to put on Twitter, but instantly. I really don’t like the idea of having my debit card on there, of course it is safe. I just don’t like the feeling of people knowing “everything”. I really don’t mind people seeing my media purchases.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites